Sunday, August 3, 2014

House Update and a Heart Share


So this post isn't about diy and not easy for me to write. Frankly, I have been putting it off for way to long.  If you follow this blog you know we have been updating our house as we prepared to list it for sale.







We got the house completely finished and met with our realtor. Everything was in order. We had already looked at a few prospect houses and actually found one we wanted to make an offer on. Half of our house was already packed and in a storage unit. Our realtor was planning on stoping by to place the sign and we were going to get it officially listed.

We were so excited! I was brushing my teeth the night before and was just overwhelmed with the thought that we could be out of our current house in a few weeks! Finally more space for our growing family. Finally we would have a place to spread out a little. I could cook and bake and have plenty of counter space for all my ingredients. My little helpers would have a spot to pull a chair up to the counter and get messy. A second living area! Yes, finally a place for all the toys that don't fit in our current tiny bedrooms. A place to put all our many school books. We were so looking forward to finally moving!

God has a funny way of doing things. I still wonder, "what on earth are you doing with us God? Why are you wanting us to stay put? Where do you want us to be?".

Have you ever been to that point where you are on your knees pleading with God? Pleading that he would reveal his plans.

We 100% know there is no better place to be then in God's will for us. As we would rather stay in our cozy starter home longer then be out of God's will. We both firmly believe this, yet day to day it is still hard.

That day the sign was supposed to be posted we found out that we were not pre approved for as much as we thought we were going to be. With the combination of finding out our house was worth $10,000 to $15,000 less then we were quoted one year ago. With the cut in our profit we were making we couldn't afford to buy a hug fixer upper. We weren't going to have the funds to remodel with out making a profit. After examining our budget and what was out there, we knew that we were better off staying put until financially something changed.

So here we are 3 months later and I am still trying to wrap my mind around the fact we are staying here for an indefinite length of time.

I was holding off posting it here until I could have a great post about how God is using this…
Well I am sure God is using this or will use this somehow, but right now I am still struggling to see it.

Don't be mistaken, I am beyond thankful God has provided A HOUSE. That we aren't homeless. We have electricity, water, phones and food. We have oh so much we are thankful for! We thank our heavenly father daily for the blessing he has given us…. It is just so easy to get lost in the frustrations of waiting and fall into a grumbling heart.

I know God is teaching me, humbling me, and using this to grow me. Some days…most days I look up and declare, "I got it God. I have learned and I am ready to move on!". If only God worked in our timing!

So for now we have unpacked some boxes and are trying to make do. Being completely honest, this has been a hard, hard time for me.

I read the other day that whenever you feel like your in that low place and that nothing is going as planned, that is usually when God is about to do something big.

We are praying for God's continued direction for our family and look forward to Him revealing what our next step is.

Until then…. I have a few projects planned to try and maximize our small space! Yay!

Have you ever felt like God's timing wasn't matching up with yours?

Here are some verses I am holding on to right now….

Psalm 37:7 "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him, fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices."

Lamentations 3 21-24 "But the steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning, great is your faithfulness. "The Lord is my portion", says my soul, "therefore I will hope in him".

Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths."


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Such a great reminder that God has his own plan for us. We've been trying to move for 2 years and it hasn't felt quite right to leave yet. Can't wait to read about your projects on maximizing space

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...